Local Expert Coordinator Greece - Gender mainstreaming project (M/W)
- Expertise France is the public agency of French international technical cooperation.The agency operates around four priorities : - democratic, economic and financial governance;
- security and stability of countries in crisis / post-crisis situations;- sustainable development;- strengthening health systems, social protection and employment.
In these areas, Expertise France carries out engineering and implementation missions for capacity building projects, mobilizes technical expertise and acts as an aggregator of projects involving public expertise and private know-how.
With an activity volume of 233 million euros, more than 400 projects in portfolio in 80 countries, and 63,000 days of expertise, Expertise France focuses its action towards Frances solidarity policy, influence and economic diplomacy.
A Local Expert will be mobilised to support the deployment of the project and provide technical support adapted to the specificities of Greek authorities.
- Main tasks : - Support the coordination of activities at the national level, in conjunction with the Project Manager;- Ensure technical support to beneficiaries with short-term experts and the project team;
- Support the adjustment of activities to national specificities;- Inform the project team on national developments and the implementation of activities;
- Facilitate the organisation of activities at national level (seminars, missions, etc.). Expertise France is working on the development of a technical assistance project in seven European Union Member States.
The project aims to support institutions at central or decentralised level to strengthen the integration of gender into public action though the application of Gender Mainstreaming tools such as Gender Budgeting (GB), Gender Action Plan (GAP) or Gender Impact Assesssment (GIA).
- The project will be articulated in three component : - Component 1 : Analysing the practices and confirming specific needs of each beneficiary authority in order to strengthen the integration of GM, through the application of GM tools such as GB, GAPs or GIA;
- Component 2 : Operationalisation : Capacity building and implementation of GB, GIA or GAP tools;- Component 3 : Capitalisation : Embedding the new practices and enabling their duplication across institutions.
The project will be structured around : - Collective activities bringing together beneficiaries in seminars, conferences, workshops and study visits, etc.
- Individual activities : the experts of the project will carry out missions within the administrations in order to accompany the development of the tools and the training of public agents.
- Master's degree or equivalent in political science, economics, international cooperation or equivalent;- Excellent knowledge of national political institutions;
- Experience in issues related to the fight against gender inequalities and the inclusion of gender in public policies;- At least one experience in technical support to public institutions;
- Excellent ability to work in English (oral and written);- Excellent command of the language of the country of assignment (oral and written);
- Writing and synthesis skills;- Good knowledge of office software (Pack Office, Outlook, Internet), particularly Excel;- Sense of organisation and rigour;
- Sense of diplomacy and ability to adapt;- Reactivity, autonomy.- Ability to work in a team.