Weld Robot Programmer, off shift
Position Summary : Provide production support by performing setup, trouble shooting and operation of Mig / Tig / Spot Welding cells within a production facility.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following :
- Prioritize tasks within the facility relating to weld troubleshooting, set up etc.
- Perform the programming of robots.
- Troubleshoot problems with robots.
- Conduct MIG / TIG / Spot resistance welding maintenance.
- Provide adjustment of welding fixtures.
- Perform Predictive Maintenance on weld equipment.
- Provide process improvement ideas.
- Ensure robot is safe for associates to operate.
- Read and interpret CAD data, blueprints, GD&T, CMM reports, customer weld specifications.
- Set weld standards / parameters for new products and continuous weld testing to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Apply and utilize manufacturing best practice for efficiency, quality, safety and capability.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- 1-2 years previous work experience with robotic welding
- Completion of the Shape U Weld Tech II Curriculum with passing grade
- 2 Year technical degree preferred
- 2-3 Years prior experience as a Weld Technician preferred; teach pendant experience required.
- Successful completion of Weld Tech Trainee Period
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (e.g. word, excel, outlook, etc).
- Weld Tech Trainees must successfully complete a probationary period and corresponding qual card.
Externally hired Weld Technicians are titled as Weld Technician in the event that they hold an Associate's Degree in Weld Technology and / or have the required previous work experience as a Weld Technician, working with robotic welders.
Completion of the Weld Tech curriculum with passing score is mandatory regardless of internal or external candidacy.