Mid/Senior Python Engineer
About the job
At GWI we understand that software engineering is a multidisciplinary field that requires a team effort. As such, our focus in building our teams is on finding passionate and hard-working individuals from different backgrounds and areas of expertise and bringing them together to work on a host of challenging and interesting problems.
Our mission as an engineering team in the company is to :
- Build new and exciting platforms for our users
- Improve our services through constant evolution and performance monitoring
- Support other teams and our colleagues through internal tools
- Raise the standards of software development throughout the company
The Research Technology team is responsible for providing a Research Management Platform that creates, collects, cleans and processes data for every respondent in GWI’s surveys.
The team’s domain is expanding to include tools for reducing human-in-the-loop during our research pipelines and creating exciting APIs for our Product communities.
The team works flexible hours and is fully remote, not COVID remote : ) We value team players that can also work autonomously and act as subject matter experts about parts of our system.
What you’ll be doing
- Work within a multinational team with up to 5 people using a tech stack of Python and Elm / React
- Lead collaboration with other teams to integrate projects into cohesive overall system
- Ideate, brainstorm and implement new application components
- Participate in tech sessions and mentor junior members of the team
- Engage on the Dev / Ops operations and on the QA process of our software lifecycle
- Make sure the deliverable conforms to the GWI standards by following the best practices in software engineering
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude.
So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
We’re looking for a passionate Python engineer who would help us tackle some of our most important challenges! The ideal candidate will have the following qualities :
- Strong knowledge of Python (preferably python 3.0+)
- Comfortable with OO programming and SOLID principles
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Εxperience with designing and developing web applications, preferably Django
- Familiarity with queuing systems (e.g. Google Pub / Sub, MS Service Bus)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation
- Good understanding of distributed system concepts and trade-offs.
Nice to have
- Experience with K8s, Helm and Terraform.
- Experience with GCP services, eg. BigQuery, PubSub
- Knowledge of Typescript or Elm
- Communicating with users and product thinking
- Team player that can also work independently
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits - all in line with Covid-19 guidelines of course.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Generous training budget, including a fully paid international conference each year Only on Engineering, DS, BI roles
- 25 days holiday and Christmas office closure days on top
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Enhanced primary caregiver and co-caregiver’s benefits
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance
- Private health insurance plan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Mobile phone contract
- Early finishes on Fridays
- A well-stocked fridge and plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Social activities and team outings
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies.
We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way.
That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.