Mobile Team Lead
HL Tech is a modern technology centre supporting software development and strategic digital transformation of the British financial market giant, Hargreaves Lansdown.
Hargreaves Lansdown is the UK’s number one platform for private investors, looking after £132.3 billion of savings and investments on behalf of over 1.7 million clients.
HL Tech was founded in July 2017 in Warsaw and currently employs 80 of the best IT experts in their field, who focus on clean code, autonomy in projects, customer needs, best practices and good design.
At HL Tech, we create a space for innovation and development based on the culture of knowledge sharing, constant learning, feedback and friendly atmosphere.
The role will help develop, deploy and maintain HL iOS and / or Android apps. The role will be contributing hands-on in a cross-functional agile team, while managing direct reports, empowering them to succeed.
The role role will drive development and delivery, as well as foster best practices in mobile while mentoring other engineers to grow.
Majority of colleagues are working remotely, but there is possibility to work from office which is located in Warsaw Spire.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Building effective and highly skilled teams including recruitment, induction and training of the staff
- Taking care about team’s development including : building career paths, ensuring competency development reflecting project needs;
supporting individual career goals
- Working hands-on in a team
- Contributing to the vision and long-term strategy in the mobile development domain of expertise
- Being a department-level expert in a particular area or go-to person for solving problems in the mobile development domain of expertise
- Driving the delivery process by cooperating with other departments and helping others to do so
- Being part of the HL mobile developer community driving and influencing our key engineering decisions across the company.
- 2 years of delivery lead experience with hands-on coding on native projects (planning, execution and team management) as well as building a team of mobile developers
- Track records in delivering native mobile applications with a high amount of user traffic
- The ability to solve complex problems and produce clean, high quality code
- Extensive experience with applying consumer-centric design processes, while collaborating with cross-functional teams including Product Managers and UI / UX Leads
- Have several years of working experience as a Software Engineer in one or more of the following : Swift, Java, Kotlin
- Have the ability / potential to lead and line-manage a team
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- Author’s rights (tax reliefs due to creative type of work)
- PPE (4% employer contribution without any additional cost nor employee contributions required)
- Annual bonus depending on performance
- Conference & Training budget
- English lessons with native speakers
- Private health care & Life insurance
- MyBenefit Cafeteria (benefits platform)
- 2 additional days for volunteering events
- Team events
- Buddy programme
- Opportunity to grow according to your level of expertise
- Working with new technologies and a multi-diverse team
- Many opportunities to share knowledge and ideas
- In-house Trainings
RECRUITMENT PROCESS STEPS
- Contact by telephone
- Technical interview and meeting the HR team (online)