Working Student/Network Engineer
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Nokia Hellas has a presence of 30 years in Greece with a Global Technology Center facility in Athens and is the #1 ICT R&D hub with more than 900 employees of 34 years average age, out of which, 80% University graduates and 50% postgraduates.
At NOKIA Hellas we lead the implementation of technology edge in software, networks and communications. We develop and export the software that powers 5G for the international market.
Our technology stack includes cloud native architecture, DevOps and end-to-end automation. Being a member of NOKIA Hellas means that you are a member of the most innovative teams in the world, building an international career while working in Greece.
What you will learn and contribute to
Excited about cutting-edge technologies like Microservices, Kubernetes, Elastic search, AngularJS, Virtualization, SDN / NFV, etc?
Our Research and Development team has been growing steadily and to reinforce it further we are looking for a strong technical professional to work on Altiplano, Nokia’s cloud native Fixed Access Domain Controller.
Altiplano virtualizes the management and network functions from the network elements to operators cloud and further improves network operations efficiency by abstracting and automating the underlying multivendor, multi-technology Fixed Access networks.
The R&D lab support engineer job position requires computing systems and network administrator expertise. Among other you will be responsible for
- Asset management and new HW installation
- Ensure proper equipment utilization
- Apply automation practices like spacewalk or foreman for linux OS installations .
- keeping the lab organized and efficient.
- Perform E2E tests to ensure that setups are fully functional
- Area Test and quality assurance activities. Test automation practices
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Technology or equivalent education.
- Broad interest in the Telecom sector and conceptual knowledge of networks.
- Familiar with networking knowledge and networking protocols, knowledge of Ethernet, L2 / L3, TCP / UDP / TLS, Qos, 802.
1x, IP forwarder, IPv6 and management protocols, like NETCONF.
- Being able to configure network devices (L2 or L3).
- Linux Admin & Configuration (highly desirable).
- Shell scripting
- Building automated processes in execution cycle, experience in automation.
- Experience in automation.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
Would be considered a plus
- Experience in Cloud based solutions development
- CCNA certification
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality :
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.